• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
My Internet is dead. Possible bad home run to the hub. Someone else is going to have to lead the raid and do the window. I may be fucked till Saturday...
Live by the sword, Die by the sword.

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Oh crap :( I hope it gets fixed man
Getta

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
Did you get comcasted?

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Lol, no. I got Cox'ed

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Better than getting RoadRailed
Getta

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
That sounds painful.

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Just installed and updated a radeon 7970 from a gtx 580. Now Conan is displaying an error message: Failed to initialize GUI. Help me Geeky Wan. You're my only hope... Or google, but I've turned up nil with the latter, so yeah... >.>

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
Have you tried going office space upon that motherfucker? If AOC client is giving you the error msg, have you gone through conanpatcher rebuild database yet? Have you rebooted in safemode to remove all nvidia drivers yet? (nasty file remover).

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Yeah, I did the safe mode file removal. It won't even let me start the patcher :( You know, the demon on my shoulder did whisper to rip that bitch out and throw it out the window, but I was like naaaaaaah. Maybe if I would have installed the card with "it feels good to be a gangsta" playing, I may not have had an issue.... Hmmmm...

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Do any other 3D games work?
Getta

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
You should channel the inner Asian in you and the problem will be fixed in no time. If you can't then you should really think about converting. Ha. Well anyways, I don't know where you are in your troubleshoot, ie, have you figured out if it's a video card/drivers problem or is it an aoc install/client problem? I recently had to wipe c drive and reinstall windows. Aoc was on a diff drive and had to be "reinstalled" b/c the game wouldn't work. What I did was used the web download exe, installed the client in a different drive, allowed it to update a few times to get the conanpather up to date. I would then force quit the client, copypasted the original aoc folder into the new one but leaving some of the "key" files (like localconfig), and asked the game client to reverify the game. The game would then start, while windows would prompt things about starting online clients for the first time. After the game start I then configured the resolution and sound preferences, and quit the client. Now I, skillfully, simultaneously installed both AOCQS while copypasted my old preference files to the new AppData/Local/Funcom folder under windows users. Yup, multitasking, so much skill. Only Asians can do it, and now the game was good to go. So let us know what part you're on, what you've tried, hopefully you get lucky and get it working without having to go through everything.

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
For some reason I think I got this error before... i cant remember for the life of me how i fixed it. But i am kinda thinking reinstall aoc. Like full reinstall... Ive never been a huge fan of the whole directory copy thing - for many reasons. One of which being if you just copy / paste the directory without doing the initail install, registery changes to support the program arent being made. While it may work, I think it not installing properly will corrupt your Windows registery (and the game) over time. Also, if your copying and pasting, and you already have a problem in the game files, your just copying and pasting the problem to save a couple hours of download time. I also think that the game installs different type of support based on what hardware you use. Specifically with video cards. So, you may need to reinstall it with the Radeon drivers present. Thats why im curious if other games work. If you dont want to reinstall, the only other thing I would suggest is double checking the ui if you have a customized ui. I would try to update / reinstall it. .... but I am not as knowledgable as some :) gailfrey seems to know a lot - or some other folks like Tankzo, Sam and George may have better suggestions (i think they are all IT guys). I just tend to try a few things and then format when it does not work. :3
Getta

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Yes! I must reach inward and focus my chi! I found out before I went to bed when I ran dxdiag that direct draw and my 3d hardware acceleration was not enabled. I tried to look for an option to enable it, but it wasn't there. It just said not available. I tried looking up my display options in the control panel, but didn't see an advanced tab. :( I did install Catalyst for my Amd drivers and updated Dx11 ( it did that automatically with the install), but I got stuck because I couldn't, or didn't have the option to enable direct draw and my 3d acceleration. It's prolly something bonehead simple.

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
I did try other games, and none worked. Likely because of DD and 3D Acc.

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
This might help. Also AMD released new beta drivers 4 days ago, maybe it'll help your case.

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
How is your monitor connected? I mean like what type of connector? Arent some of those options enabled / disabled based on what type of monitor / how its connected too?
Getta

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Thanks Gali and Georgie. Gonna try some of that out when I get home from work. My monitors are connected as such: one through a dual link dvi-d to active mini display port (secondary monitor), the primary is simply connected via dvi cable directly to the dvi-d port.

Facepoker

Facepoker

AoC Officer

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Thanks Gali and Georgie. Gonna try some of that out when I get home from work.

My monitors are connected as such: one through a dual link dvi-d to active mini display port (secondary monitor), the primary is simply connected via dvi cable directly to the dvi-d port.

DADV?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVfPV8jfh-4

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
NOW YOU'RE A MAYUN! AMAYUN MAYUN MAYUN!

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothing, but have you fixed your shit yet?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users