• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Facepoker

Facepoker

AoC Officer

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

TLDR version: There will be awesome legendary capes that will take a YEAR to earn. Shitty but it's nice for gimp toons or anyone without access to t4 or comperable. The bosses also drop boxes with t3 equivalent loots. There will be 1 boss spawning per month, for 1 week in each month. They will also be summonable by GMs. There will also be some backup plan I guess in case someone is out for a week.

GETTA EDIT 2: The spawn time is like 30 minutes. No need to set a timer anymore.

December '13: Black Dragon (Vissy) Commons & Noble District
January: Yeti - Spawns in Atzels Approach (Above Halls of Eternal Frost and near Black Dragon Magnus) AND in Conalls Valley (Up at Vanir Camp, and up at Mountain glade where you climb the ladders around spiders and the lvl 25 yeti boss is at)
February: World boss is up in chosain(391,1267) and NG at the hole(661,1139)

March: World boss up in Dragon Spine. Think the coordinates are 1300 x 500 is 1 spot roughly the other is 550 x 350 roughly

April: Thunder River - 494, 1323 (small island) and 975, 591

May: Ymirs (in front of Amp or at the place where you used to get the Axe) and E Mountains (in front of Yak or to the north / east a bit from the Hunting Lodge)

Rogue:
LegendaryRogueCloaks_zps0a1ef5a7.jpg

Soldier:
LegendarySoldierCloaks_zps9f9adf10.jpg

Priest:
LegendaryPriestCloaks_zps60004682.jpg

Mage:
LegendaryMageCloaks_zps94c928ad.jpg

All infos here:
http://forums-tl.age...ead.php?t=58981

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
WHY DO THEY NEVER MAKE ANYTHING WITH HATE INCREASE AND PROTECTION! gosh
Getta

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
The specific electical and unholy protections seem kinda stupid to have on a LEGENDARY cape. Other than that, cool i suppose
Posted Image

Gankaskhan

Gankaskhan

AoC Member

• Members
  • 28 posts
zomg! Legendary pieces... what year is it?? lols This unchained stuff??
Once a Reject, always a Reject.

Graphik

Graphik

Graphik is Great

• Members
  • 47 posts
so...open world bosses? so if "no access" then where in the expac/regular game do they spawn? like raid bosses? when did legendaries come out? are these the first of the "tier?" i wouldn't take loot, but it would be fun to tag along if this is limited access areas :3

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Ok so I saw a dragon tonight in front of Conan's castle and killed it. I think its starting early. Be on the look out!
Getta

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Bannybad says it can spawn there OR that other spawn point in the Common district from the 5yr anniversary. Im also hearing there are blue boxes and purple boxes. The purple ones drop t3 crap, potentially
Getta

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Fuzzy, hope you don't mind buddy... I edited your post a little to include how to do the timer and where they seem to be spawning. Oh, and sticky it
Getta

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Updated with January information
Getta

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
How they will handle if you "miss one"

I've managed to extend the system so that players who have to miss a month for whatever reason are not overly punished.

So just to explain the basic functionality of how this will work:

There is a quest to kill 12 bosses.
Whenever you kill a new boss one of those 12 goals will be updated.
When you kill the next boss whichever goal is next will be updated

This way if you say miss the December boss and then kill the January boss your 1st goal will be updated, while someone that kills both will have had their 1st and 2nd goals updated by this point.

So in other words if you miss 1 boss your penalty will be going 1 month behind rather than having to wait a whole year. So there should still be incentive to try and be there but if you can't then the penalty is a lot less severe.
There is not really any other solution that will be immune to exploitation and still meets the design goals of the system.

The 1 limitation this does impose is that it will not be possible for GMs to spawn bosses outside of their respective spawn months else it will leave the system open to exploitation (intentional or otherwise).

Also thanks to everyone for bringing up your concerns in a productive way so we are able to make these sorts of changes

http://forums-tl.age... ... tcount=121
Getta

Doublestroke

Doublestroke

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 45 posts
So this quest is repeatable? One year at a time...

Semper

Semper

AoC Member

• Members
  • 33 posts
WORLD BOSSES When fighting one of the twelve portents, players will now receive a buff which will give them amnesty against criminal/murder status. This buff will be received if a player is on the bosses threat list for at least 1 minute. The buff and amnesty will expire after 90 seconds. World Raid Bosses will now spawn with much greater frequency (every 30-60mins). Increased the chances of Epic items and Pets dropping from the Mystical Excavator's Kit. DUNGEONS Xibaluku Returned the health values of most bosses in Xibaluku back to their previous values, which had been unintentionally altered in a previous patch.

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
February is up! Updated OP with info The timer has also been adjusted... But I don't know what the new one is. Can someone comment on how quickly they are spawning and what we should set the timer to?
Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts
They're like 30mins; don't bother with the timer.

e-vatar.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

From test live, it looks like the next one is the "Thrice Drowned" (giant crab guy). The screenshot I saw was from Khemi. Should start in a couple days....

yay -______________________________________________________________-

Getta

Facepoker

Facepoker

AoC Officer

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

They spawned a few different ones.  They were just spawning them at the pvp event location to keep people busy between events.. not sure if that's where it'll be.

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Oh! I thought they already had it up. Either way, it looked super cool LOL

Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

Sexes Crab

e-vatar.png

Attris

Attris

Bad Influence

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

And that was the second time I got crabs.

Posted Image

"I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood... I have no problem going out the same way...."

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Added in March info! Looks like its in Dragon Spine at 1300 x 500 and the other is 550 x 350, roughly

Getta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users