My internet connection

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

MAD

MAD

AoC Member

• Members
  • 2,549 posts
wow am i getting the run around with my isp provider. the reason they say my connection is messed up is because there is an outage in my area! what kind of shit is that. they told me the reason i cannot connect to the internet is because of that. lol, i'm connected to the internet, its only when i play BF2 my shit gets fucked up! and they just told me one of the ports are blocked, that is why i get bad connection speeds during game play! WTF? was i born yesturday or what? what do you guys think i should do. they gave me another # to call about that problem. the place is called Speedstream! i dont know i'm already to pissed off to do anything right now, off to work! talk to u guys tonight if i am able too! oh and another thing is, my ip is coming from Texarcana, Texas lol!!!!
God loves Voo!!!!

kub

kub

Duck Cave

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
Did they say when the outage will be fixed? Also you can get the IP that you are playing on with the bad ping and do a tracert on it. Find the hop that is killing you and call your ISP and see if they can tell you if there is a known issue with it? Maybe even try to renew and release your IP, however I doubt it would make any difference but might be worth a try.

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Go to www.dslreports.com and run some of their tools...

"Line Quality Tester" is the first one I would run, when you get the info, post the url.

It will show if you have some bad hops, or serious other issues...

also run the Tweak Test, it will review you Network settings and make suggestion on changes.
Posted Image

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts
It's not you; it's the ISP. They have you routed through the "economy" hops. You're just going to have to be the irate, unsatisfied customer on the phone.

e-vatar.png

kub

kub

Duck Cave

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

It's not you; it's the ISP. They have you routed through the "economy" hops. You're just going to have to be the irate, unsatisfied customer on the phone.

geNius, let it go bro, let it go!

lol

MAD

MAD

AoC Member

• Members
  • 2,549 posts
i will try to be the irate customer again, but i'm telling u the guy on the other end barely speaks english! fuckin towelhead....
God loves Voo!!!!

BigToe

BigToe

AoC Member

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

'G' speaks the truth on this matter. I used this technique a year ago. I told them I'd take my $120 a month and give it to phone co. I had a whole fleet of Cox cable trucks parked out front when I woke up.
Posted Image Need I say more??

Yea for me huh, I rule. :roll:
"Your boy Capt. America over here, best of the best of the best SIR,.. With honors; He's just really excited & has no clue why we're here" - Edwards. MIB

MAD

MAD

AoC Member

• Members
  • 2,549 posts

'G' speaks the truth on this matter. I used this technique a year ago. I told them I'd take my $120 a month and give it to phone co. I had a whole fleet of Cox cable trucks parked out front when I woke up.
Posted Image Need I say more??

Yea for me huh, I rule. :roll:

overkill btw!^^^ no need for a connection that fast!

Posted Image

they said my problems with the ping issue will be resolved tomorrow! they ran a test and they also got messed up ping times!!! so they are going to continue running tests and checking the line to resolve the problem. oh and they are also giving me 2 free months for my troubles....

check out my ping to a Dallas server, used to be 20-30 ms, now its anywhere from a 80-750 ms!!!
God loves Voo!!!!

Punisher_X

Punisher_X

Bare-Back Fluffer Boy

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
Sounds more like a PANG instead of a ping. :D
Posted Image

kub

kub

Duck Cave

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
Mad, if you are running DSL now, put DSL phone filters on ALL phone jacks whether you are using them or not. You get major interference without those on. When I switched from cable to DSL in my old house that I had built, I would get horrible intermittent pings and a daily drop from the hub. I went back and forth with tech support and a tech coming out for about 2 weeks, with still the same results. Finally after calling in to cancel the service I was asked by a manager of AT&T if I would let a tech come out 1 more time. Well the guy that came this time actually knew what the fuck he was doing. He had this handheld device that could read the signal from your phone line going from the house to the phone poll. He showed me that I had tons of interference in my line, even though I had a new house with new wires. He asked if I had DSL filters on ALL phone jacks. I told him that I only had them on jacks with phones connected. He told me that I needed them on any phone jack in the house, even if I didnt have a phone connected. Well, we went and put those filters on every jack then he took me outside and tested my line. I had almost no interference after doing that and never had any issues after that. Anyways, long winded but I would suggest putting those DSL filters on ALL phone jacks, even the ones that dont have phones attached. Then reboot your modem and check your pings again. Hope this helps!

BigToe

BigToe

AoC Member

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
Wasn't the point, the point is, is that the squeaky wheel get the grease. And as you can see I got grease. And as Kub said, not all the tech's know what there doing.
"Your boy Capt. America over here, best of the best of the best SIR,.. With honors; He's just really excited & has no clue why we're here" - Edwards. MIB

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts
Posted Image

Sounds more like a PANG instead of a ping. :D

Just wait until they fix it.

Inversely, you could post a TraceRT here, so that we can masturbate and pretend it might help solve your issues. We could point out the bad hops for you in a pompous manner, in an outrageous attempt to sound more knowledgeable.

e-vatar.png

kub

kub

Duck Cave

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
Sorry someone posted that under my account, probably was cody! He must of hacked my account like he did URFN's.

Punisher_X

Punisher_X

Bare-Back Fluffer Boy

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
Have to remember he lives in a town of a population of like 600. Might not be able to get much better unless he goes back to Cox.
Posted Image

BigToe

BigToe

AoC Member

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
Your not on Cox? Then your on your own.

MAD

MAD

AoC Member

• Members
  • 2,549 posts

Have to remember he lives in a town of a population of like 600. Might not be able to get much better unless he goes back to Cox.

this is coming from a guy that plays XBox 360 with an EMO! yeah whats his name is one wierd motherfucker drew.
God loves Voo!!!!

MAD

MAD

AoC Member

• Members
  • 2,549 posts
on a more serious note, does my connection have anything to do with my ip being out of texas? they said it does not! but i know some of you have been around awhile and would know if it does or does not!
God loves Voo!!!!

MAD

MAD

AoC Member

• Members
  • 2,549 posts
Posted Image

STANDARD

Posted Image

this is why i get pissed. if it would only stay around this ms i wouldn't bitch so much. but no it has to go from 78-115-250 back down to 75! BS
God loves Voo!!!!

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts
Posted Image
This is what I get for $75 per month. Anyone else want to bitch? I didn't think so.
I'm arrogant and an elitist. But to be otherwise would be dishonest, and honesty is a virtue I hold in higher regard than humility.

kub

kub

Duck Cave

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
Free wireless from my neighbor’s house!

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users