The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Weekend

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
I don't know about y'all, but I played the heck out of the Elder Scrolls games. Oblivion was one of my favorite games when it came out.

BETA is this weekend for The Elder Scrolls Online and some rejects may be playing / have spare keys! Would love to hear what people think of the game!For More Info
Elder Scrolls Website: http://elderscrollsonline.com
Neat Site About BETA I found: Gaming Blend <- there's some links on there to people who are streaming

Cinematic Trailer

Game Play Video

Click here to view the article
Getta

Nozcof

Nozcof

AoC Ex-Officer

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

and what do you think of it honestly? I tried it the first time they had the beta online and wasn't interested. Played for 15 minutes then stopped.

Wanted to try it the second time around but couldn't log in since I guess there were to many people online.

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

Looks gay.

e-vatar.png

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

I played about an hour today. Already pretty bored of it

Posted Image

Facepoker

Facepoker

AoC Officer

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

I spoke to a few people and pretty much its shit until you get to 10 or 15, where you can pvp and get some of the better abilities.  I'm lvl 6 right now and gonna try to grind it out so I can get a good feel for it.

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Was trying it again tonight, their servers have been taking a massive shit.

Posted Image

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Summary of the beta

Burley Betch reincarnated

9qQdUqt.jpg

Posted Image

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Overall: I'm intrigued.

Most MMO's - as we know - are slow starters. It can be frustrating learning a new game/class/role... Unless you can create your own...

In ESO, much like it's single player counterparts, one starts off a prisoner, and feels their way blindly through the dark of a misadvernture that has been cast upon them, while walking away from an unknown past. I'll try to cover a little of what is known...

Characters and Abilities

Before beginning, you are asked to create your character from a very detailed character generator, and to choose a role and name. Now I say "choose a role" because, it is simply that (since, of course, one does not simply CHOOSE a class in elder scrolls). That being said, you are left free to decide which weapon(s) will be your focus, as the use of such will effectively "level" them, and their inherent sub-abilities, and/or ultimate.

Whenever you level, you earn one skill point, which can be applied directly to an ability iof which you meet the requirements. Which leads me to abilities and armor.

At this point, you are left with two choices for major combo (active) abilities: Class, and weapon. Just because you decided to make a caster does not mean, however, that you must choose to play using a staff, or wand as in other mmos. ESO seems to keep most of the things that we've come to know and like about ES as truisms (IE: you can play a mage who dual wields daggers, or a Templar with a 2he, 2hb, or staff, etc...)

Which leads to your major tertiary ability: armor. Same as before, one can choose to wear plate on a caster, if that is the toon that you ultimately desire. While armor does effect your movement, there are some races who have "natural armor bonuses" who can counteract the negative effects, or increase the positive ones.

All of the things that I have listed are available from a skill tree that you decide to when and how to level. Eventually, you are asked to "morph", or increase the power/effects of your learned abilities.

Gameplay

Bethesda seemed to keep the movement and jumping from Skyrim intact in this game. Want to know how it feels to play? Play Skyrim. It's Skyrim online in this respect.

The environment is breathtaking. The cities are intricately beautiful/ or slummy and decrepit. Regardless of attractiveness, ESO is a visually stunning game. I'll hit some points quickly:

-The view distance is massive

-There is no lag. None. (unless the server was overwhelmed).

-As of yet, there really aren't any "instances", since everything is all part of the world outside. IE: You could find a door to a keep that makes you "fade to black" and go through, or you could simply go over the wall for no load screen.

(I'll post more later)

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

I might just buy it, found this on the ESO subreddit

This is for 20% off both versions of the game. The full non sale prices are 60 bucks and 80 so this isint a bad deal considering the game isint even out yet

Posted Image

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Actually really starting to look forward to this game. Found a massive amount of patch notes that i BELIEVE will be in the upcoming beta weekend 

I would copy and paste them all here but it would look like shit on the page and be so damn long 

http://www.reddit.co...181_patchnotes/

More of the notes also continue onto the op's top post on the thread

Posted Image

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted Image

Art

Art

AoC Member

• Members
  • 63 posts

This game is the first game in a while that you start to like more the more you play it. I kind of hated it when I got a public test server invite. Now I kind of wish I didn't sell the beta account :P

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

This game is the first game in a while that you start to like more the more you play it. I kind of hated it when I got a public test server invite. Now I kind of wish I didn't sell the beta account :P

I ordered it so i SHOULD get an extra beta key for the final beta they are supposedly doing either this weekend or next. You can have it if you want

Posted Image

Art

Art

AoC Member

• Members
  • 63 posts

Beta keys are no problems. I sold a full time beta account that is going on even now :o

http://www.twitch.tv... Scrolls Online

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Apparently the word is the last beta will be next weekend on the 14th

Posted Image

Attris

Attris

Bad Influence

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Any pvp expierence?

Posted Image

"I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood... I have no problem going out the same way...."

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Not yet, you have to make it to level 10 then you can enter Cyrodiil which is all pvp enabled. Leveling up is pretty slow. The first 5 are boring but then it picks up. Theres some pretty decent pvp vids on youtube already though

Posted Image

Attris

Attris

Bad Influence

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

True, but I dont like watching full retard people. You're only half retard so I'd take your opinion on it.

Posted Image

"I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood... I have no problem going out the same way...."

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

I feel honored by that compliment. Thank you kind maiden

Posted Image

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole