Social Rejects Update

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

TLDR is at the end!! It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these.. And this is the first one for the Rejects as a whole! I just got all warm and fuzzy inside ^_^

On ESO
First things first!! We have some super exciting stuff going on. Nuke and Exunn have worked super hard and are starting up a division in Elder Scrolls Online (ESO). This is awesome!! And the first time we are doing this as sRs!!! While there is still much more to do, I think we need to give these two some boxes of girl scout cookies (YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A BUNCH). Mmmm cookies... They have done a fantastic job so far in bringing people together and I am super excited to see so much activity.

But they can’t do this alone! We will have some leadership spots open for people that want to help. Our approach to this is going to be very fluid until we know more about the game. The last thing we need is to paint ourselves in a corner with "assigned roles" until we know more about the gameplay.

So for right now, if you have the time, commitment, and urge to PARTY, contact these two with how you think you can help.

ESO Impact on AoC
Let’s talk about this giant elephant in the room :) This is obviously extremely close to my heart, as I lead AoC and will continue to do so.

Guys... New shiny stuff is great... and exciting. But we need to make sure were taking care of our Rejects in AoC too. Please remember that not everyone will be playing ESO - and these are the same people who have helped you craft weapons, farm the crap out of T4, helped you on quests, in minis, etc. (YES I AM USING THE JEWISH GUILT TRIP SKILLS MY MOMMA TAUGHT ME)

Here's my fear... Folks will get distracted in ESO or do that "one last quest" and raid time will start later and later (every person counts right now). People will stop showing up. Then we stop raiding in AoC, which will be all but a death sentence as folks will go elsewhere.

This is bad for two reasons. One, (shameless guilt trip again) it’s the right thing to do to continue to help these folks who helped you. Regardless of the game, were all Rejects. Two, if things go south on ESO, many of you are going to want a place to come back to. Well, if AoC stops raiding, there’s not going to be much of a place left. This obviously has overall Social Rejects impacts.

So, I will task EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU PLAYING ESO - harass the shit out of people to join AoC raids ON TIME. This means at 8:30pm-ish Est, start posting shit in guild chat, steam, text messaging, carrier pigeon, you get the idea. Don’t neglect AoC.

Also, be sensitive to those of us still playing. Pop has been at very low point this past month (not really sure why). No need to beat a dead horse about it. WE KNOW!!

On the flip side - AoC folks - understand that ESO folks are excited. We should be happy for them. :) Try and be a little understanding its like getting a new toy... The vibrating kind with batteries! Be patient and don’t lose heart, we have weathered through things like this before.

I will say again... EVERY PERSON COUNTS. So, please don’t tell me "I can help if you need me to". DONT ASK - WE DO!! Every week, we will need your help. You all are consistent raiders now and you know the state of our raids very very well.

AoC Officer Help
Folks - I am going to need some help. A couple of the people playing ESO are officers. Fuzzbutt is not leaving, so we still have 2 PvE officers. But we could use some folks who will organize 6 mans, maybe some other raids, handle guild issues, etc. I am obviously staying in AoC primarily, but I will help ESO guys launch. This will take up a lot of my spare time.

On ESO Recruitment
In order for ESO to be successful, we need to recruit as many people as possible to start. That does not mean we open the flood gates, but we need to relax out app process to expedite people joining. For the first 30 days of the games launch, we will basically let folks join as members that we know (and someone vouches for them). This may be folks we play(ed) with in AoC, RL buddies, etc. If we don’t know them, they will have a short 2 week trial period from the time the game launches.

After 30 days, the app process will be evaluated again. (Again, don’t want to paint ourselves in a corner with what we don’t know about gameplay yet) This is different - but imo - you help build it - you’re a Reject, just like the rest of us ;)

There’s a new combined Application forum [ here ] with an ESO template.

On ESO Multiguilding
All we really know so far is ESO Supports folks joining up to 5 guilds at the same time. In AoC, we don’t allow this because the is game centered around "guild vs. guild". ESO is alliance vs. alliance, so your "enemy" and "allies" are different. We need to learn more about this before making a decision. But know it’s something we are looking at.

Look - at the end of the day, we want people to enjoy the game. We don’t want a whole lot of rules around folks that makes things unfun. We came here (sRs) because we wanted to play with each other (mmmm). So I really feel strongly about not alienating people with red tape (within reason).

ESO Resources
Not sure about the game yet? Well, there’s a lot of folks posting up video's, class stuff, and other things. Katuske, Nightshadow, and others have really put together some helpful posts. (Thank you, guys!! I’ve enjoyed reading your thoughts on the game)

There is a beta this weekend AND its the last one! You can sign up for it on their site [ here ] for a chance to be selected. Keep an eye out because there may be Rejects with 2nd keys when the beta launches.

Closing
In closing, we have a lot of stuff going on and this is super exciting times to be a Reject. :) Just seeing the activity on the boards has made my day. Our shenanigans should be shared with the entire world, after all!

But none of this means anything without y’all. We can have the best site, the best game, the best computers, best booze.. But it ain’t shit unless we have good people to share it with. And that’s you.

As promised, TLDR Version:

• NEW BRANCH IN ESO!! ERRMMMAAAGGEERRDD!! Contact Exunn and Nukey if you want to help
  • DONT FORGET AOC OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!!
  • HARASS PEOPLE TO JOIN AOC RAIDS!! EVERY PERSON COUNTS!! DONT TELL ME "ILL HELP IF YOU NEED ME TO"... WE doooooooooooooooooooo!!
  • We could use some more AoC Officers to run 6 mans, events, handle guild issues, etc.
  • ESO Recruitment is very loose (like Nuke) for the first 30 days ESO Multiguilding / Guild Structure is to be determined once more info is known
  • Go to the ESO Forums if you want more info on classes, gameplay, etc.

This post has been promoted to an article
Getta

Katsuke

Katsuke

Salad Tosser

• Officers (AoC)
  • 54 posts

Thanks G for expanding the guild to ESO, there's still alot of work to build up the management to run ESO, looking forward for Nuke and Exuun set these up.

PS: I'll still be playing AOC, been since launch.

Edited by Katsuke, 11 March 2014 - 11:13 AM.

Katsuke.Nagase.Aouen.Rouen

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

• ESO Recruitment is very loose (like Nuke) for the first 30 days

Basically the current plan

gRHlL3X.jpg

Edited by NuclearSoldier, 11 March 2014 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
^^ Lol dp

@ Katsuke: pfft you all are doing all the work :) I just made you a few forums and a vent channel... You guys will make this in to what you want :) Im happy to be along for the ride.

I <3 tapatalk
Getta

VooDoo

VooDoo

Fuck Best Buy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Good thing this doenst impact me. I dont play those gay games. Well maybe gay games, but not that roll playing shit. Well maybe I like roll playing. Nevermind. You get the picture.

We carve the marks in your flesh to attest to the fact that we can't forgive and we won't forget.

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

So says the man who is half the reason we were a hit for a google search of Voodoo Strap-on :)

Getta

VooDoo

VooDoo

Fuck Best Buy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

So says the man who is half the reason we were a hit for a google search of Voodoo Strap-on :)

I can't help it if people like my strap on.

We carve the marks in your flesh to attest to the fact that we can't forgive and we won't forget.

PitViper

PitViper

friends? where? No shows.

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

I may be late...but I also love your strap on~

I'd love to see the faces of these " raiders" when a squad of Apache's drop out of nowhere.

We be swingin |sRs| style.

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

I can't wait until BF Civil Wars.

I'm arrogant and an elitist. But to be otherwise would be dishonest, and honesty is a virtue I hold in higher regard than humility.

Isolde

Isolde

AoC Member

• Members
  • 24 posts

I play on Fury mostly just mini games. I didn't know we were still raiding.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users