- The game itself is free and there is a ftp option. If you choose to sub (needed if you want to do serious crafting, own property, etc), its like $14 a mo, I think.
- The "sandbox MMO" thing is pretty cool. Theres a lot of options you can do at 50.
- Player housing / farming system
- Auction house is shared across all servers
- Once they fix it, you can buy your sub with gold
- Commerce system is awesome. You can deliver "trade packs" for gold or resources. If you go across the ocean, you can get ganked and your shit stolen. (Or steal theirs )
- Other point with the above, YOU'RE not relying only on the AH to make your money. You have to watch the trade market to get the best price.
- The game has a really healthy economy
- You can make ships, cars / haulers for fun or for fishing / hauling packs
- lots of open world pvp. You can also pvp your own faction (though you get what amounts to murder points, if you do)
- you can sit on a jury and sentence people to jail (or free - but what fun is that lol) when their murder points are high enough (you can get rid of them by questing / pots, too)
- you can break people out of prison
- You can become a pirate and live on the open sea (or on pirate isle, "Growlgate.")
- There's world bosses and 6mans. I think there are raids too, but I dont pve much.
- Crafting system is more complex than AoC, but not super confusing.
- Best armor in the game is crafted.
- 99% of things can be bought with gold (including crafted gear)... or farmed.
1-49 levels are fun... and you can craft your way through them too (Anatu did).
- It can be a bit grindy - especially with pve gear / certain tokens.
- its very gear based - Cata and I dont pve / pvp yet because of our gear.
- Game is very different at 50 and you have to spend some time figuring out what you want to do
- Trion does not always have their act together... but they do make it right in the end. Imo, better than funcom.
- There are a couple of ui things i think could be better.
- While being a pirate sounds fun, you are not welcome in any if the continents (either faction can kill you without penalty). Can make doing things other than pirating difficult.
- This is both a con and pro. The labor system is a bit annoying. But its in place to help regulate the economy. You have a pool of labor points that you use to do anything but pve / pvp (i.e. craft, trade runs, farm, own property). You accrue at 10pts per 10 min (if subed) or 5pts if offline (ftp). Subbed accounts also accrue 5pts per 10min if offline. Labor is shared across all toons. Labor usage is anywhere from 1-10 pts (like for farming / gathering) to 100+ for crafting high end items. Again, this is also a "pro" because it helps keep the prices high on things you craft too (cant flood the market)
- Theres a bit of randomness when crafting gear. You cant always control what you get. This can be fustrating when you spend money + time and the item does not turn out with the stats you want (or fails to "upgrade"). However, most mats are easy to get... so... as long as you continue to make money, this isnt that awful (or you just buy what you want)
Cata and I basically spend our time making gold (farming, trade runs). He is actually really good at it. We do trade runs across the ocean, fight pirates sometimes. We built some farm haulers and are in process of buying a ship. We do most of the commerce stuff with Trade My Pack (bunch of good guys on the Eastern faction). We do pve / pvp with Asylum on Western faction. We also craft there too.
Exunn can tell you more about pvp / pve. Were still relativley new and are trying to get gear to do these things.
Please forgive any typos... on my phone
Edited by ExuuN, 22 December 2014 - 08:46 PM.