Photo

No game subscription fees on PC/Mac March 17th

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Rohaus

Rohaus

• Members
  • 8 posts

It's official!! ESO is going to a B2P model!!!

No more monthly subs come March 17th!!

http://www.elderscro...nsoles-june-9th

Maybe now you guys might come back??

And with 1.6 patch just around the corner, should be VERY good times!! Awesome changes coming in patch 1.6.

Patch notes should be available very soon as 1.6 is going to Test Server this month.

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Still 2 months away but ill prolly check it out and see if the stability is better than i remember. Most likely itl become a pay 2 win game though

Posted Image

Rohaus

Rohaus

• Members
  • 8 posts

It looks like their B2P option is going to be somewhat similar to AoC... only better. For instance, if you purchase a DLC, you can forever play that content for free without needing to be premium member... or, you can pay a monthly sub and become a premium member which gives you access to ALL DLC... and you don't have to buy the DLC... by contrast, Funcom made you not only BUY the content, such as Godslayer expansion, but you also had to be a premium member in order to play that content. I will always think of that has really unfair and stupid.

As for the pay 2 win... lots of folks are saying that that is what they are concerned about... but, based on the FAQ Zenimax has up, it would appear to not be the case as the cash shop is simply going to be for the purchase of cosmetic items as well as things like mounts etc.

Again, for comparisons, Age of Conan cash shop isn’t a pay to win… you can’t buy the best PvP gear in the AoC cash store… you can buy entry level PvP gear, which I am fine with, but you can’t buy the PvP 10 gear.

Maybe Zenimax will do something similar and put entry level gear in the shop for people to purchase… but it most certainly won’t be the best PvP gear had… the best will come from crafting and or purchasing the PvP gear from the PvP vendors out in Cyrodiil.

The store along with being a premium member all have perks associated… mostly in the form of XP gained… 10% isn’t a whole lot if you ask me. And honestly, the XP grind needs a boost for those who have already played through the content but want to level another toon.

ESO is the replacement I had been looking for to Age of Conan. Sure, the combat system isn’t the same as AoC but it does require skill in terms of reaction as well as aiming. The aiming in ESO isn’t quite as small a target window as AoC but I am fine with that considering what typically occurs when you have massive amounts of people all duking it out. And ESO combat isn’t about spamming abilities but reacting and understanding the other class(s) you are going up against. It isn’t about spamming offensive abilities but rather reacting accordingly.

I am thoroughly addicted to the PvP in ESO… especially now that I am VR14 and wearing a mix of legendary and epic gear. And with the upcoming patch 1.6 as well as the flood of new players, this game just keeps getting better and better.

Coming from years of being so hooked on AoC… when I see people complain about lack of content and or that Zenimax doesn’t respond quick enough to bugs etc… I just laugh… because my experiences with Funcom and AoC has me so very happy with Zenimax and their level of support and commitment to ESO. Zenimax delivered more content and polish at launch than AoC had within the last 6 years it has been out.

Anyways, I do hope the SR crew will return… even if it is only for a few weeks. You guys already purchased the game so all you would need to do is download the game and or update your client and login and GG.

Isolde

Isolde

AoC Member

• Members
  • 24 posts

I own the game if you guys are going to play I'll roll a toon. My wife likes it too so she can come along. Just let me know what faction to do. 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users