Camelot Unchained

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
I am curious to see what folks interest is in Camelot Unchained. I thought it looked like it had potential and beta starts around August time frame. Has anyone been following this one?

Alpha Preview

I read their Combat section too. Though the video does not show a lot of it, I really liked what I read.

It clearly has a lot of PvP stuff, which is great. I couldn't find a whole lot of PvE stuff (not saying its not there - I just couldn't find it)

What do you all think?
Getta

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Never heard of it til this. From that video it looks like another run of the mill mmo

Posted Image

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Well, its certainly possible. I mean how many times have MMO's come out that look great that ended up sucking. LOL

But, the more I look at this, the more excited I get about it:

• It is not pay to win. There's no cash shop
  • I like their business model that they are doing the game themselves (e.g. they are not getting a port over of a game from another country) - maybe this is because the shitstorm known as ArcheAge is fresh in my mind. Koreans like to RNG EVERYTHING
  • The concept of combat seems neat to me. While they did show single buttons (not sure what that means), I like the ability to combine spells, etc
  • The being able to cast walls is neat (think of the opportunities)
  • The player housing aspect of building is also pretty different (for a MMO - I know it looks like minecraft. I am hoping they clean that up since its all alpha screenshots)
  • They list out for each area of the game what their goals are. i.e. crafting, combat, PvE, etc
  • In reading PvE, apparently you may be able to play as a monster

I found their Wiki site so I am going to poke around more :)

Getta

catacares

catacares

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Asshole
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

I think it looks interesting, no rng, no pay to win, I dont see any three shotting.  If you look at Dark Age of Camelot the combat looks like fun.  I hope they are just improving on the system.  I want to get into beta.  Should be fun.  Morg said he is buying the game regardless.  

catacares

catacares

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Asshole
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

https://store.camelotunchained.com/

Getta and I bought our  copies with unlimited sub ... archeage was good for something, set us up for another game.  Hopefully this one will be epic.  Start looking into it.  Could be fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users