• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Ok this is where I was Sunday Oct 15, it was the ARCA Season Finale at the new local race track. I have a cousin that is deep in the racing community (Nascar, ARCA, ASA, CART, IRL and a few others) and he came down from Michigan for the race, so he took 8 of us with him to the race.

- Media Hot Pass and Luxury Suite Passes

Here is a link to a few pictures that I took while on pitroad-

http://www.hemishero...m/IowaSpeedway/

The big interest in this race is that Juan Pablo Montoya (CART/F1) was trying to get seat time to get his NASCAR license for next yr. His day got real bad around lap 19, made contact with Steve Wallace (Rusty Wallace's son) and the ending result you can see in the images. They repaired him and considering the damage, he was kicking some tail.. he was just as fast as the leaders and without some of the body work which means less downforce so he was doing a real good job.

Luxury Suite- Free beverages, 4 star food... holy cow.. it is like a fine resturant at the track.. we were right above the S/F line and it seemed like the track was straight below us... nice to see how the other side lives... must be tough to see a race this way... but I prefer on the pitroad.. I luv the smell of the race fuel.. the roar of the engines.. and being close enough to the cars as the dive into turn 1 at 150 mph to see the drivers eyes and watch his hands as he tried to keep the car under him.

Overall was a great time... if you see the race replay on Speed... watch for me around the #4 (Montoya) car while they were interviewing him after the wreck and in the background of the interview with Rusty Wallace right before the race... HAD A BLAST... he invited me and my son to Michigan for any of the races there and to Indy also... we will have to see about those dates.

HumbleObserver

HumbleObserver

Bare-Back Fluffer Boy

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Ill have to look for that track on my game, I know the Brickyard is in there somewhere. Cool pictures ! Motorsports is big in Ireland but its mostly in Rally form through the likes of forrest parks etc. ps speaking of F1 if I had my choice to watch any race there on the day in person, it would be the Monaco GP. I would probably need a bigger bank account to go with that dream too.

Dimmer

Dimmer

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

...I would probably need a bigger bank account to go with that dream too.

Sure that's a requirement, I sadly know.

Now if you were too shy to say the real things... I'd say that Rally drivers are to surgeon what NASCAR boyz are to lumberjacks. Some got divine knacks while the others have powerfull ($$$) friends LOL

Don't get me wrong, I DO love NASCAR ! (maybe becauze whe don't have much rally on this continent)

Btw HO, did you ever tiry to play Richard Burn Rally ?

HumbleObserver

HumbleObserver

Bare-Back Fluffer Boy

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Surey did it was Colin MacCrea Rally but since Richard Burns in the new kid on the block hes got all the attension, I have to agree though the guy is amazing in the Peugot 206 (Hopefully you will know the car). MacCrea has been around longer though and won in a variety of cars (Subaru Impreza my favorite) just been off his game.

PitViper

PitViper

friends? where? No shows.

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
The thing I really, really like about Nascar is that you can turn on the TV for the beginning of the race...watch a few laps...then bail for an hour...come back and turn on the race and feel like you have missed absolutely nothing.

HumbleObserver

HumbleObserver

Bare-Back Fluffer Boy

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
LOL yeh Pit I think nascar is about 125 laps or something.
Here in Ireland we invented our own type of racing using the fastest road motorbikes these guys could find, they close all the roads in the hills at the back of Belfast and race round them at speeds over 200mph sometimes. they are so dangerous we've lost some of our best racers, my favorite racer was a guy called Joey Dunlop from outside Belfast, he was killed in a race in Turkey. Anyways heres a clip a guy made of the first leg of the races, he went round one lap with a camcorder on his bike, he starts off less than a mile away from my house and I know these roads quite well.

And heres a clip of the Isle of Man leg of the race, which is held on an island between Ireland and Britain :

... ed&search=

PitViper

PitViper

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
That's real cool...I love road bikes, and it would be great to ride on that course. I'll tell ya though, the first time I saw a car on the right side of the road, I would freak out.

HumbleObserver

HumbleObserver

Bare-Back Fluffer Boy

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Unfortunately bikers here get minced a lot. There still is a lot though, balls you could fit in a wheelbarrel if you ask me. As for the road racers their in a whole different league.

PitViper

PitViper

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
Did you say roadracer?

Here's my idea of a roadracer....

Posted Image
Posted Image

HumbleObserver

HumbleObserver

Bare-Back Fluffer Boy

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Nice ! My nephew is the bike crazy person in the family, hes only 8 but hes riding around on 90cc mini motos. Hes been riding since his was like 4 seriously, started out on quads. For his age hes something special, I think hes gonna be the next Ricky Carmichael or at least a Kinevil.

Havoc

Havoc

Queen of the Dance

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
If I was to get a bike

Posted Image
Posted Image I <3 Cody

PitViper

PitViper

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
Yeah Havoc, I'd say that would be more "cost" effective. One can dream though.

Havoc

Havoc

Queen of the Dance

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Houston is kinda a nice city for bike riding, for the simple fact the it is amazingly flat. They are also passing policy to not have cops pursuit any violators trying to out run them. They are to simply right down the info, then beat the shit out of them at their house, instead of the street. I will try to find video that the policy was inacted due to....
Posted Image I <3 Cody

l)emon

l)emon

AoC Member

• Members
  • 886 posts
furshizzle, had a R6 at one time they are fun but you can get yourself in a shit load of trouble on one ....

HumbleObserver

HumbleObserver

Bare-Back Fluffer Boy

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Jay Leno has one of those custom jet motorbikes seen a programme, hes a maniac that fella.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users