Other Hobbies

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

bud1

bud1

AoC Member

• Members
  • 241 posts
What other hobbies do you guys have? what do u like to do besides chicks and play video games on the computer?

Heres one of mine,
Remote Controls:
Im pretty big into RC stuff, not the junk RC cars that you would get at Best Buy, i got a few RC's. A few trucks, 1 buggy, 1 helicopter. I've been into RC's for about 3 years now and im collection is getting bigger and bigger. im in a RC club sponsored by a big RC store here called High Octane Hobbies and we to big gravel pits, races, anything we can find that would be cool to jump off, into and over. We bash the shit out of are RC cars and trucks and what ever anyone brings. i have a blast driving my little nitro trucks around.

Here are my RC's
This is my favorite truck , its a HPI SavageX with a few upgrades and its my "basher" i break this one a lot.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is the truck i like to show off to people and it never gets dirty, the only time i have drove it, is when i was breaking in the motor. It is a HPI savage25 with LOTS of upgrades.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This used to be my truck i sold it to a buddy, it was my racer, its a Savage25t it has a few upgrades and painted parts.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is one of my newest RC's, i got it used and have only used it ones. the first time i ran it, i blew the rear differential so im waiting for that to come. It is a ofna lx comp 2.
Posted Image
Posted Image

They are all a little different than each over but all the main upgrades or mods that they all have are like, diff's, hump packs, throttle mods, exhaust, motor, shocks, ratio and receiver, most have the gas tank moved, TVP's, alloy a-arms, rims and tires, dog bones, glow plugs, fuel filters, shock towers, 3speed trany, duel disk brakes and i think thats it.

Heres some body's that i have painted or helped paint
Posted Image

THIS!! is my favorite RC that i have, its a RC nitro Helicopter, i have just got this, its my newest RC. It is called a Raptor. I can't fly it yet, it is really hard to fly "right", i have got it about 2 feet off the ground for about 10 seconds and landed it. I don't have any of my own pictures of my helicopter but this is what it looks like.
Posted Image
Some guys r badass at flying them, there some awsome vids on youtube of them.

What are your other hobbies?
Posted Image

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Well like you , I used to be big into RC Racing, in fact I still have 3 large tool boxes and 2 large gear bags sitting down in the basement. We ran 10th elect. offroad, 10th electric Onroad, 16th elect onroad, 10th elect Carpet, 1/8 gas onroad (this suckers ran over 60 mph without any trouble) and finally 1/10 gas offroad. We ran mostly Losi's and Associates, we did this for over 6 yrs, the boy was real good, I just went along to be his pit bitch and maybe run a few classes. God the money I sank into that... I would guess that I spent over 20k on stuff those 6 yrs... but it was worth it.. Before we raced, I had 7 RC airplanes and 3 more on the shelf, but my son enjoyed crashing alot on the PC sim I had... so I decided to sell all of my air stuff and get the RC Trucks and Cars... I'll try to find some pixs...

bud1

bud1

AoC Member

• Members
  • 241 posts
i think with all the accessories, broken parts, fuel, tools and stuff i probably got $5000k in it all. Im more into the nitro 1/8th scale trucks off road. i got a HUGE parts bag, 11 motor, my newest is a STS .30m modded, its probably the best motor i've seen, very cheap but very good, i think i got enough new and used parts that i could make 2 or 3 more trucks. I also have a plane too, its not the greatest and its electric, its a beaver.
Posted Image

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
beaver??? sure it is.. Well the best gas motors when we ran were Muegens, had a great torque curve, my sons 10th nitro would pull a wheelie the entire length of a 150 ft back straight... some of the people we raced with started to get into those 1/8 scale buggies, but track owners quicly barred them, as they would destroy a good track in a few days, so much power... they would literally destroy the track surface. HPI's just started to enter the market when we raced (about 6 yrs ago), I still have a T-Max sitting on my shelf downstairs, a couple engines, about 8,000 in NiCd batteries which I am sure are now worthless, you want expensive, to get the best batteries you would spend $120 to $200 for 6 cells... and if you took real good care of them, they would last 3-4 months before the performance dropped off. So to take care of them, you would buy hi-tech smart chargers costing $500 to $800 and cell dischargers costing $150 per, normally you would have 3 to 4 of these... so figure 12 $200 packs, $800 charger, 4 $150 dischargers, one $300 spare smart charger and then multiple this by two, as both my son and I raced... gets expensive real fast... Then their is the servo's- fast/powerful ones were $120 or more, two per vehilce, speed controls another $120, mini lathe and diamond bits to turn the armatures, motors all of them, as offroad used two different (Stock class and Mod class), Onroad used two classes also, and then carpet used two also, but each had different requirements, so you would by different "stock" motors, and then by new cans for the mods and get armatures with different wind/wraps to get different power/rpm curves. Right now I think I have twenty stock motors downstairs, and close to 60 armatures, most of them with well worn out... RC racing is like real racing, your always upgrading, always buying the newest motor, electronics, motors, tires to stay competitive and then their is the normal maintenace, replacing bearings, graphite parts, new bodies with professionally painted jobs... it is fun, just gets dam expensive. RC is the reason I got into websites, we needed a place to organize the midwest rc clubs, so I put up Midwest-RC.com, I had advertisers, I drop shipped parts, and every cent I took from the website and sponsored the Iowa Offroad Championship... all that money.. good god.. and then when my son turned 16 and got a car... he lost interest in it and started to build real race cars.... I sold alot of it on ebay... made pennies on the dollar.. but heck I was a great time.. and well worth the cost. Now he wants to get a stock car going... I already told him... I'll pit crew for ya, but you need a different backer.. LOL. I search both my file servers, no pixs... maybe the boy has some on his PC, I'll ask..

VooDoo

VooDoo

Fuck Best Buy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I like to poo. I am very big on pooing. I use to be big on the RC. This is what I use to have. Some of this is old school. Tamiya Grasshopper, Tamiya Frog, Tamiya Monster Beetle, Team Losi Jr T, Team Losi LXT, Team Losi GTX had about 3 of those, RC10T, RC10DS, oh yeah my Tamiya TAO3 with a Volvo Wagon Body. I also have a few RC gliders. Now its bicycles, motorcycles and cars.
We carve the marks in your flesh to attest to the fact that we can't forgive and we won't forget.

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
That RC10 DS was the best fricken car, we raced it on clay ovals, ran almost slick tires... god I luved that car... The pooing part... well defication occurs..

kub

kub

Duck Cave

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
Mine will PWN yours!!!!!

Posted Image

PitViper

PitViper

friends? where? No shows.

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
Interesting topic and post Bud. I have not been around a lot lately, life's turn has me humping big time...but I do try and keep up on new posts when I get the chance. I've drifted in and out of collecting many different things, over many years. I collect 6 string electric guitars mostly, and have a decent collection. Many were already in a previous post and the last count was 55...not including various other string instruments like violins, basses and the sort. I used to collect firearms, but now I have only those that serve a purpose or function. Nice RC's...I like the first truck, that engine looks sic.

Co-D

Co-D

Sobriety's Nemesis

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Co-D

Co-D

Sobriety's Nemesis

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

bud1

bud1

AoC Member

• Members
  • 241 posts
WOW thats a huge jump

heres a video from my club, its pretty old.
http://www.highoctan... ... shers5.wmv
Posted Image

MAD

MAD

AoC Member

• Members
  • 2,549 posts
i'm mostly into cars bud, but hell u already knew that! and getting drunk and fuckin fat chicks... aaww man nothing like a big bitch! i think i'm going to vomit now :oops: my dad use to race RC cars. he was bigtime into it!!! i will ask him what he use to race when i see him next!
God loves Voo!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users