When will it END?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

Just so you know....Saddam had a people killing problem.............kinda want to get rid of a fucker like that before he ends up like someone else in history. "NIp it in the bud" seems fitting.

/agree

No matter how you slice it, Saddam was everyone's problem.

e-vatar.png

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

Yeah he got the legislative branch to approve going to war AFTER he lied and scared everyone into believeing that iraq possesed weapons of mass destruction and they'd use them on us of we didn't act.When we couldn't find them he kept claiming we would evenutually.Even though he recieved memo in 2002 that told him iraq didn't have any WOMD.After everyone relized he was full of shit he just made up new reasons for staying and continues to do so.

roger that^^^

Blind leading the blind, tbh
I'm arrogant and an elitist. But to be otherwise would be dishonest, and honesty is a virtue I hold in higher regard than humility.

MAD

MAD

AoC Member

• Members
  • 2,549 posts
whatever you want to believe moose! but we did not find any kind of WMD! oh hell yeah saddam needed killing, but the fact remains we were all coached into beleiving he did! so whatever dude, think what you want. that is just fact.
God loves Voo!!!!

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Well I tend to disagree with the two established sides, I guess I am in the middle on this and here are my personal opinions, nothing more, just that. These opinions are based on a mulitude of readings, a research, and no.. I do feel the need to list each like I am doing a fifth grade essay. 1- Saddam- he was a monster the US created, and by doing so, we were obligated to deal with him. We put him in power, we supplied his armies with weapons and everything else it needed in it's war with Iran. (Remember the hostages of late 70's, US Embassy in Tehran). We gave him what ever he wanted and more, although I have no proof, it would no surpise me if we gave him the equipment needed for chemical warfare, as he used it in the war with Iran. 2- This current war should of never happened, if the first President Bush had any balls, we would of resolved it there, but he buckled and allow Saddam to retain his postions. We had the worlds backing then, we had the worlds support then, no one would of supported his troops, not even El Queda (sry not sure of Spelling) as he had violated another muslim country. 3- With this war two groups have profited exponetially, the oil business, it has pushed the price of oil up to where it is profitable to drill and pump US oil. All those people sitting on oil rights to known oil reserves are now very rich and getting richer everyday. (This is a Fact, was it intentional, the only one that knows is GWB). Military contractors are so busy they can not keep up, why.. when a national guard ships over to IRAQ, they ship their equipment with them, and when their tour is complete, they leave their equipment in IRAQ. This is a fact, the Iowa National Guard has been in the news as when the Guard drills, they have very few or no vehicles to drill with, so instead of the line convoys of Guard trucks going out one weekend a month, you see tour buses. The main state Guard station is 10 miles south of me, I go by there alot when visiting my daughter or son. 4- Our Troops- yeah it is tough on them, but one of my fellow co-workers just returned from IRAQ, and immediately re-up'd, why? Well one of the main reasons is he was offered a re-enlistment bonus of over 30,000..... most of these soliders knew what the posibilites where when they signed up, they were willing to take the bonus, take the other perks in exchange for the risk of war. Does that make it right when they die? Hell no, but it is like sky diving, you know there is a possiblity of death and people still do it. Personally, I think they need to add a few zeros on to the number of troops over there, start guarding the borders, and use the same line of thought as they do at air shows when they have the Stealth fighter on display. There is a sign that says "Use of Deadly Force is authorized if you pass this point", Stop waiting for them to fire, this is a war. 5- Weapons of Mass Destruction- did they have them... no I do not think so, and here is why, what they did find was attempts at building them. I am pretty sure that if they had them, the insurgents would of used them by now, they have resorted to the lowest form of terrorist warfare, I am pretty sure they would of used them by now. Did Saddam want to build WoMDs.. hell yeah, but I think this guys was so full of himself, that he could not afford to build the facitites to accomplish the goal. Hell he had underground roads built so he could come and go as he pleased, he spent billions of dollars on his palaces. Unfortunately the United Stated has a history of backing and installing some pretty nasty people in conflicts. Fidel Castro was backed by the US, only to turn on us almost immediately after his revolution was over with. Saddem was our puppet who got a real life and up until we invaded thought we were just putting on a show, as his friends would never attack him. Lets look at the Shaw of Iran, we support him also... the General and President of Pakistan.. he is another we have backed with both finacial support and military support. Okay, back to the topic, when will it end? I fear it will never end in IRAQ, you have two parties that have very little compassion for each other and each is only interested in protecting its interest. For the US it is attempting to stabilize the middle east to secure the oil reserves, which will never happen as long as we are there, for the Muslims, we are on holy land that is core to their beliefs and according to the extremist we must be pushed out off their holy land. Now remember, this is a culture that has been fighting these kinds of holy wars for over 2500 yrs, what is another 100 yrs to them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users