• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Attris

Attris

Bad Influence

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
NASCAR is the missing teeth to all white trash.
Posted Image

"I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood... I have no problem going out the same way...."

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

NASCAR is the missing teeth to all white trash.

NASCAR is to racing as WWE is to wrestling.

e-vatar.png

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Doh... LMAO... No actually NASCAR is to racing what MLB is to baseball... Money Rules.. Yanks and Hendricks... the almighty dollar is what wins races which gets TV exposure which keeps the top sponsors which brings in the top talent which wins races which... and not all NASCAR fans are rednecks.... only some of us are... 8O

Attris

Attris

Bad Influence

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Doh... LMAO...

No actually NASCAR is to racing what MLB is to baseball... Money Rules.. Yanks and Hendricks... the almighty dollar is what wins races which gets TV exposure which keeps the top sponsors which brings in the top talent which wins races which...

and not all NASCAR fans are rednecks.... only some of us are... 8O

"Talent"? lol Left turn coming up!!!!!
Posted Image

"I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood... I have no problem going out the same way...."

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

Doh... LMAO...

No actually NASCAR is to racing what MLB is to baseball... Money Rules.. Yanks and Hendricks... the almighty dollar is what wins races which gets TV exposure which keeps the top sponsors which brings in the top talent which wins races which...

and not all NASCAR fans are rednecks.... only some of us are... 8O

No, I wasn't being subtle, so I'll just go ahead and spell it out:

[that guy]
NASCAR drivers are the lowest form of life in racing history. Only the United States could take something like racing and dumb it down enough for rednecks to compete at the top-level until their mid-50s. Much like watching the pot-belly pig races at the fair, nobody cares who wins. Driving around in circles in nearly-identical cars is NOT racing, it is entertainment.
[/that guy]

e-vatar.png

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
LMAO... to each their own... and yes, I prefer the old days of NASCAR when the cars were somewhat close to the actual cars they are suppose to represent, but what can I say... change sucks and NASCAR efforts to create a level playing field has done nothing but widen the gap.

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

No actually NASCAR is to racing what MLB is to baseball...

I would say you either don't know racing or you don't know baseball. I could not disagree more with your statement.
I'm arrogant and an elitist. But to be otherwise would be dishonest, and honesty is a virtue I hold in higher regard than humility.

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Sheesh.. ok.. In baseball, specifically MLB, there is no Salary cap, the cap is what your market can bear... In Nascar there is no "cap" on the amount of money a team can spend, so teams that have Sponsors with deep pockets, so they have extensively more funds to R&D, developing better chassis and engines and can entice experienced drivers out of partial retirement with top of the line equipment and teams. Owners with 4 teams with Sponsors with deep pockets can force the single car teams out of competition, which is happening right now in NASCAR. That is how I am comparing NASCAR to MLB... As far as the talent level for each different series, drivers have gone from F1 to NASCAR, to Indy, etc some succeed, some fail, right now NASCAR is the big draw as far as racing goes, simply because of bad managment by IRL and Cart that drove a large percentage of its fans and sponsors away. Yes I watch NASCAR, F1, IRL, NHRA, ASA, SCCA, Outlaws, etc.. the only kind of racing I do not give alot of attention to is motorcross, but I still watch some.

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

Sheesh.. ok..

In baseball, specifically MLB, there is no Salary cap, the cap is what your market can bear...

In Nascar there is no "cap" on the amount of money a team can spend, so teams that have Sponsors with deep pockets, so they have extensively more funds to R&D, developing better chassis and engines and can entice experienced drivers out of partial retirement with top of the line equipment and teams. Owners with 4 teams with Sponsors with deep pockets can force the single car teams out of competition, which is happening right now in NASCAR.

That is how I am comparing NASCAR to MLB...

Your original statement was pretty direct and it was unfair for you to assume we knew what you meant. Your comparing a forest by describing the elms. It was a difficult analogy. If that is what you actually meant, fair enough.
EDIT: I would still disagree that money rules baseball. Money may increase the chances of winning the World Series, baseball is bigger than who wins the championships.
I'm arrogant and an elitist. But to be otherwise would be dishonest, and honesty is a virtue I hold in higher regard than humility.

GHG-RAIDER

GHG-RAIDER

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Damn look at the posts here and its funny as hell, I would have to agree with Hemi, and laugh about the whole "nascars for rednecks scenerio" Am I a redneck? Maybe. I have a wife, 3 kids, own 2 houses and a small 4 plex, as well as 2 degrees from Iowa State University in which I graduated with top honors, have all my teeth, Own my own company, Have a Masters License as an Electrician and am extremely proud of my heritage and being White as the drivin snow, Maybe if I purchase the Trailor houses most of you live in or spit chew in my own shirt pocket I would be a better redneck, Ill work on that. Until then, Ill keep racing and watching Nascar and hoping I can fit your stereotype.

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
where you located at Raider... big game this weekend.... Iowa State / Iowa Suckeyes... I am in central Iowa and based from your IP, we are dam close...

GHG-RAIDER

GHG-RAIDER

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Webster City bro, and GO CYCLONES!

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
well Moose, I was refering to Yankees and Hendricks Racing... Yankees have the funds to build the "dream" team, that does not mean they will win the World Series, but it gives them good odds. Hendricks Racing has the funds to hire mulitple teams to do nothing but test all year around on "non' sactioned tracks, allowing them to get some big leaps over the other competitors. The first full year of the COT, they struggled but before 1/2 they started to hit strides and stunk up the races. They still have the edge, and they still have twice the budget of most teams and 10 times some of the others.

GHG-RAIDER

GHG-RAIDER

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Actually, its a great comparison. But, probably a mute point. Glad to hear you fellas are still as arguementitive as ever. One of the many reasons I return on occasion. But, hope you all enjoyed the video and altho you run i-racing, stop in sometime and turn some laps with us, we have a great group of adult only drivers and alot of fun.

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

2 degrees from Iowa State University in which I graduated with top honors

Actually, its a great comparison. But, probably a mute point.

How are those top honors working out for you?

>>-->Moot<--<<

GHG-RAIDER

GHG-RAIDER

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Actually great, why you need a job? I need someone to clean my shop on weekends.

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

Actually great, why you need a job? I need someone to clean my shop on weekends.

Not a very clever comeback, you lose.

GHG-RAIDER

GHG-RAIDER

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I lose? Who the fuck r u anyhow? Your just another internet nobody. What have you accomplished in life or online? Not a fucking thing. Im a consistant winner in everything I do. EVERYTHING. All I can tell about you is that you like to run your pie hole I have as of yet seen you accomplish anything. Once youve finally done so, if you ever will, then maybe you can step up to my platform but keep in mind, youll probably get bitch slapped back into your follower role in life. Is that clevor enough for ya girlscout?

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

I lose? Who the fuck r u anyhow? Your just another internet nobody. What have you accomplished in life or online? Not a fucking thing. Im a consistant winner in everything I do. EVERYTHING. All I can tell about you is that you like to run your pie hole I have as of yet seen you accomplish anything. Once youve finally done so, if you ever will, then maybe you can step up to my platform but keep in mind, youll probably get bitch slapped back into your follower role in life. Is that clevor enough for ya girlscout?

No.

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts
Posted Image

e-vatar.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users