• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Ok, I am thinking of putting up a Server for this game... anyone interested or.... cost is 40 a month for a 32 player server. Let me know and if we have enough interest, I will get one up this weekend.

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts
I was thinking about this, too. I would definitely go with NFOServers.com, though, as their performance was better than both the official servers and Gameservers.com. Also, Hypernia servers are, hands-down, the worst performing pieces of shit in gaming history (that I've seen across 4 different games). I'm also thinking that our control over the server will be extremely limited, as it was in BF: Heroes. If this is the case, I won't want to keep it after a month or two.

e-vatar.png

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
hmmm.. well we will have to see... I know for the RANK'ed servers we are limited by EA....

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
sheesh.. about twice the cost of other gameservers

VooDoo

VooDoo

Fuck Best Buy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I am down.
We carve the marks in your flesh to attest to the fact that we can't forgive and we won't forget.

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
it looks like at a monthly rate, 32 person server with CPU priority (10 extra ) is gonna run 75 a month

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

hmmm.. well we will have to see... I know for the RANK'ed servers we are limited by EA....

The problem that I have is with EA. We seem to have no control over our PB functions, making streaming, MD5 checks, and general functionality close to none. To me, there's no point in having a server if we can't keep it clean or run it the way we like. In BF: Heroes, the RCon was total garbage, and we were never able to stream. We had our access removed because I kept enabling Punkbuster. I'm uncool with that. We shouldn't be paying monthly simply for VIP slots.

it looks like at a monthly rate, 32 person server with CPU priority (10 extra ) is gonna run 75 a month

I know, but I was extremely disappointed in the Gameservers.com server performance during beta. Even Chicago servers felt like Taiwan.

Alternatively, we could go through Gameservers.com and bitch and moan about it until we get discounts or a free upgrade, which I'm unopposed to.

e-vatar.png

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
If we can get enough to donate for the server I'll cover 40 a month. Has anyone released a RCON for BF BC 2 yet? as far as punkbuster goes... they suck and always well, day late and a dollar short...

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts
I don't think I'll be buying this game. I'm sick of fighting people from other countries. The next war game I'm throwing my money into will allow me to kill those yankee bastards that hate my right to whip a colored man until he cuts my grass. I will rise again when the south does.
I'm arrogant and an elitist. But to be otherwise would be dishonest, and honesty is a virtue I hold in higher regard than humility.

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

If we can get enough to donate for the server I'll cover 40 a month.

Has anyone released a RCON for BF BC 2 yet?

as far as punkbuster goes... they suck and always well, day late and a dollar short...

I'll do $40/mo.

http://www.bc2cc.com/downloads.html

I think PB is fine, so long as we have control over it. When it's left up to EA, we get hosed.

I don't think I'll be buying this game. I'm sick of fighting people from other countries. The next war game I'm throwing my money into will allow me to kill those yankee bastards that hate my right to whip a colored man until he cuts my grass. I will rise again when the south does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptdddQB6M9I

e-vatar.png

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts
I will stand on Seinfeld's coffee table and tell the whole damn world, Family Guy is the most brilliant comedy ever written.
I'm arrogant and an elitist. But to be otherwise would be dishonest, and honesty is a virtue I hold in higher regard than humility.

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

I will stand on Seinfeld's coffee table and tell the whole damn world, Family Guy is the most brilliant comedy ever written.

I couldn't agree more. I base most of my friendships on whether or not they think Family Guy is funny.

e-vatar.png

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Then lets get this done this weekend... get that donation box up and get er done! DOH!.. it is up!

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Jesus Fucking Christ.. I have been trying to fucking donate to geNius for the server and it is setup for my paypal account.. DOH!

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
Server is UP!!!!!!!!!! 66.150.214.199:19567 Social Rejects

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
get in the server biotches... runs great and has been going since 15 mins after it was put up!

Attris

Attris

Bad Influence

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
Lies, I haven't seen it once.

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
THEN GET IN THERE BIOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts
We are now streaming. There are already 6 on the banlist. I'm building a screenshot review and submission tool for the new site.

e-vatar.png

VooDoo

VooDoo

Fuck Best Buy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I wish I could play on our server. Never the fuck again will i preorder a game from BestBuy. Fuck them!
We carve the marks in your flesh to attest to the fact that we can't forgive and we won't forget.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users