• 148 posts
Japanese style glazed chicken wings

Posted Image

Marinade:
For each 2lb wings
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon grated garlic and ginger
1/2 teaspoon mirin (japanese cooking wine)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sawwwce

For glaze:
1 cup mirin
2 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoon yuzu kosho red (japanese chili sauce)
lemon zest and juice
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teasppon grated garlic
1 teasppon shichimi togarashi

Mix and cook that in low to med heat for 10 minutes. Deep fry or broil wings as normal, finish with glaze and scallon.

Mirin:
Posted Image

Yuzu kosho:
Posted Image

Shichimi togarashi:
Posted Image

Fish sauce:
Posted Image

Lemon zest:
Posted Image

Best wings ever, no BS.

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Oooo Ill share some. Just a warning though. I'm mostly a vegetarian and most of my recipes are Paleo friendly. I have to cheat on some things though because need protein from somewhere (so I eat tofu - which is definitely not paleo)

Super Easy Butternut Squash

Ingredients
1 butternut squash
1 tbs of coconut oil
Cinnamon (however much you want on it)
1 tbs of raw honey

Instructions:
1) Peel the squash (I use a gigantic knife) and then cut the squash into half's and scoop out the seeds. I use a melon baller. Makes things easy. Cut into about 1 inch chunks
2) Heat a medium to large size pan with coconut oil
3) Add squash and saute for like 15-20 minutes. When they are almost soft, add honey and cinnamon. Continue to cook until its as soft as you want it
4) Consume! Mmmmm

A lot of people say EWW SQUASH. This is really almost like a dessert. Its really good and will surprise you - even if you dont like the normal yellow or green squash.
Getta

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
O god.... vegan dish

Posted Image

Nozcof

Nozcof

AoC Ex-Officer

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
THATS IT. I AM COMING TO BC TO EAT THOSE WINGS.

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

Gross, all I could see in that pic was this:
Posted Image
I'm arrogant and an elitist. But to be otherwise would be dishonest, and honesty is a virtue I hold in higher regard than humility.

Co-D

Co-D

Sobriety's Nemesis

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Gross, all I could see in that pic was this:
Posted Image

LMFAO!

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
Posted Image

Million dollar chicken with southern style beans

Posted Image

Million Dollar Chicken:

Ingredient:
Whole Chicken (big bird) 4-4.5lbs
Day old (one or two day) Parisian/French style bread
Creme Fraiche
1 Shallot
2 Lemons
thyme/sage/bay leaf/rosemary (depending on your taste)
Olive oil
Butchers strings
Salt n pepper
Paprika and allepo pepper

Instructions:
1) Prep the chicken by generously salt and pepper the back and inside cavity, squeeze 1 lemon into cavity alone with lemon itself. Fill inside with herbs of your choice (I prefer thyme, bay leaf, you can use a combination of thyme, sage, bay leaf, rosemary etc).

2) Prep roasting pan with olive oil drizzled on the pan, take three-four day old french bread and place on top of olive oiled pan, then drizzle more olive oil on top of the bread, then place the chicken on top.

3) Take string and tie legs together. Brush chicken with olive oil and salt the top and side. Bake for 1 hour in 450 degree F oven.

4) Prep glaze by grading a shallot into the crème fraiche, add paprika and chilli pepper (I use an imported Indian pepper), add half of lemon juice and then some zest into the glaze. Mix it and set it aside. Wait until chicken is done.

5) After the hour is up, lift up the chicken and flip the bread over, then put the chicken back on top. GENEROUSLY coat the chicken with the glaze, roast for 10 minutes.

6) Glaze the chicken again generously with glaze mixture and coat the bread with it; Roast for another 10 min glazing.

Extra step: pour remaining crème fraiche glaze into a pan and cook for one minute and use as gravy.

The bread now is soaked with amazing the amazing sauce as well as chicken drippings, along with the chicken and the gravy it will taste fantastic.

NOW EAT IT

Note, if your local store do not have crème friache, you can make it yourself by buying 35-40% (heavy cream) cream, and mix it with one-two tablespoon of buttermilk, leave it for 18-24hrs, and placing it in your fridge after.

Try something different with this green bean recipe:

Southern Style Green Beans (slow cooked)!

Prep and cook time: 2hrs 15min

Ingredients List:

Adult green beans
Couple of slices of bacon
1 onion
Few garlic
1 tomato (or pasta sauce/tomato paste)
Chicken stock
Seasoning

Instructions:
1) throw two sliced bacon into a medium saucepan cook on medium until almost crispy. In the mean time slice a whole onion into slices. Slice it any way you see fit. However if you slice it in the same orientation as the fibers, it will not all disappear during cooking.

2) throw in your onion, deglaze the bottom with the onion for five minutes or so then throw in some minced garlic and cook for a minute.

3) throw in a chopped fresh tomato (substitute with tomato sauce or paste), give it a stir. Add in 2 lb adult, trimmed green beans. Add some chicken stock to almost same level as the green beans.

4) season it up with some salt, pepper, cayenne pepper

5) bring it to boil then turn it down to medium low after the beans have lost their rigidity. Let it simmer for 2 hours.

6) monitor liquid level and add broth/water as needed. After an hour and a half and season it for taste. Serve after 2 hours with lot of juice (for dipping).

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
I found this recipe here and I really like it - I cant remember where its from though. I dont make it often though cause its a little pricey:

Veggie "Primareva"

Sauce
1 cups of raw cashews, soaked for at least 30 minutes (I did it in veggie broth)
2 gloves of garlic
1/2-2 cups of liquid - you can use water, veggie broth, plain unsweetened almond milk (I just use what I soak the cashews in)
sea salt & pepper to taste

Add in all ingredients, with only 1/2 cup of what ever liquid your using, to a food processor. Process on high speed, adding liquid until mixture is totally smooth. It will take you a few minutes, but it will get there.

Pasta
For the pasta, just make whatever pasta you want. I usually get the sprouted kind (Ezekiel), but spaghetti squash would work also. Or if you dont care about carbs/sugar, regular spaghetti.

Veggies
Sautee them before you mix it all together. I like bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, onions and garlic
Getta

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

Million dollar chicken with southern style beans

http://i.imgur.com/V0xRjZq.jpg

Look everyone, vomit on toast. Eat up!
I'm arrogant and an elitist. But to be otherwise would be dishonest, and honesty is a virtue I hold in higher regard than humility.

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
Haters gonna hate

Posted Image

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
Guinness beef stew on green onion mashed potatoes, great for those end of summer to fall and winter season.

Posted Image

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

Guinness beef stew on green onion mashed potatoes, great for those end of summer to fall and winter season.

http://i.imgur.com/ElNJ9cw.jpg

Posted Image

Co-D

Co-D

Sobriety's Nemesis

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts
Posted Image

Nerissa

Nerissa

Salad Tosser

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
OMG that photo is so gross

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
mmmm yes, but her ass is pretty sexy.

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
I'll post the recipe for the Guinness beef stew soon. Next time I make kung pao I'll add it to this post. But since we had Japanese curry yesterday my roommates requested Caribbean curry chicken today and regular beef stew the day after, I'll have to wait until next week.

Sichuan Kung Pao Chicken Recipe

Ingredients:

1-1/2 to 2 lb chicken breast cut to size
Light soy sauce
Chinese dark vinegar
Sesame oil
Vegetable oil
Water
Sugar
Potato starch
MSG
Chinese rice/cooking wine
Sichuan peppers
Dehydrated small chilli
Raw peanuts
Garlic
Ginger
Green onions
Assorted bell peppers (optional)

Instructions:

1) Prep the chicken: after cutting it to small size, marinade them in light soy sauce, cover and fridge them over night (12 hours)

2) Prep the ingredients: on the day of cook, cut the stem end of the dried small chilli, taking out the seeds in side and throwing them away, keep the red chilli put it aside. Place one tablespoon of sichuan peppers with it (please adjust according to how much spicy you want it, this shit’s tough. Skin the ginger, chop the ginger, garlic and the white end of the green peppers into very small pieces, chop the green end into long stem pieces (and put that aside from the rest for garnish).

3) Prep the kung pao (Gong Bao) sauce: 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of water, 1.5 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of starch, 0.5 tablespoon soy sauce, whisk to mix.

4) Prep and cook the peanuts: heat up wok to medium low, use a metal or suitable spatula to spread the vegetable oil throughout the wok, put in the raw peanuts and sprinkle them with salt. You can use cashews if you're allergic (I think?) I’m not allergic so I got no clue. After it’s browned and cooked, put it aside.

5) (Optional) Put in a cup and a half of water, enough to cover the chopped bell peppers you’ve prepared, add in your mixed bell peppers. Bring it to almost boil, cook until it’s ready to serve, take it out of the wok, tossing the fluid, put the peppers aside for now.

6) Use your spatula and spread some vegetable oil all over the wok, put the heat to medium. After the oil is hot, throw in your ginger, garlic, and white onion pieces and cook for a minute, then throw in the sichuan peppers and the chili, mix them in the wok, cook for 1-2 minutes.

7) Turn heat up to medim-high/high. Throw in the marinaded chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes while adding in 1 teaspoon of msg and 1 tablespoon of cooking wine, and then throw in the kung pao sauce, mix it thoroughly and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Adjust heat during this time to not burn the chicken and other ingredients in the next few steps if you're not using a wok (saucepan, fryer etc).

8) Throw in the peanuts, and peppers, cook until done. Add in the green onion pieces as garnish before serving.

9) Prepare ice cold water to soothe that burned tongue after eating.

Also, remember to wash it down with some er guo tou if you got the stomach for it:

Posted Image

For my next trick, Miso soup based chicken ramen?

http://i562.photobuc...17.jpg~original

Gankaskhan

Gankaskhan

AoC Member

• Members
  • 28 posts
I have a recipe for you all... Fettucini Alfredo/Marinara & Hot Italian Sausage 1 box of fettucini 1 Jar of Marinara 1 Jar of Alfredo 1 pot of boiling water Frozen Texas Toast Garlic Bread (8-pack) 1 Green Pepper 1 Red Pepper Salt Pepper Extra Virgin Olive Oil Step 1: Light Grill to cook Hot Sausage (or pan cook). Start pot of boiling water with a little salt. Step 2: Slice peppers into long slices. Step 3: Put Fettucini in Boiling Pot of Water. Get Colander ready in the sink for draining. Step 4: Keep an eye on fettucini and make sure to test often to ensure it's at proper softness. Step 5: Heat Sautee pan to medium to mix in sausage, veggies, and of course, the sauce. * Drain the pasta in the colander when it's very very close to being done.. it will finish cooking in the colander. *** Step 6: Your hot sausage should be cooked by now. Step 7: Slice your sausage at an angle and add to sautee pan. Step 8: Add your peppers to sautee pan. Step 9: Start your broiler for Garlic Bread. Open a beer right now. Step 10: Add 3/4 jar of marinara and 1/2 jar of alfredo to the sautee pan and mix together. Add Olive oil if necessary. Step 11: Put garlic bread on tray and broil. Step 12: Finish your beer and maybe open another but keep an eye on your bread. Step 13: Your Sausage & Sauce should be done and turned off. Step 14: Flip garlic bread using tongs and broil other side. Step 15: Take out garlic bread and make sure everything is turned off. Step 16: Have a shot of whiskey to celebrate a job well done on cooking such a fabulous dinner. Step 17: Plate Fettucini, then sauce, and top with fresh parmesan cheese & pepper with a couple slices of bread.
Once a Reject, always a Reject.

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
I like me some italian sausages

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Roast venison a'la Exuun 1 oven bag / season mix for pot roast 3 tomatoes 1 onion 1 bell pepper 1 clove garlic 4 green shallots 1-2 potatoes *3 carrots (if you like them. But I don't, hence the asterisk). 1 tbl spoon extra virgin olive oil Black pepper Garlic powder 2.5-3 lbs of grade a deer ass (nothing like some tight, lean ass, isn't that right Mr. Slave?) First, take your 3 tomatoes, and peel the skin from them. Chop them into chunks and smash in a small container with a spoon. Dice half the onion, and 2 buds of garlic. Line a pot, or deep skillet with your virgin olive oil and/ or cooking oil (vegetable). Warm the pot over medium, and add your vegetables, adding a pinch of garlic powder, and a liberal amount of black pepper. Sauté adding 1/4 cup of water until it becomes a paste. Make sure to add all the deer blood into the paste after you let it cool. Take the deer's ass and stab it like it just called your mama a whore and you're Mexican. Insert (lol) cut up pieces of garlic into holes (lol). I like to chop half of my onion horizontally to make some nice round bits in there, as well as my bell pepper (just for some zing). Take the whole potato, scrub the skin, and then chop it up. Yes, the skin is good for you. I like to make thin cuts vertically through the short side to make a crapton of "chips", for lack of better description.. Throw all this shit into the bag. Take the large spoon you sautéed your paste with, and smear your paste all over that ass... Mmm. Then add your seasoning mix atop that, and the rest of your vegetables. Cook in oven @ tree-fiddy for 2 hours. Pictures will follow.
Live by the sword, Die by the sword.

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

OMFG, I would have de seks with myself if I could.
Live by the sword, Die by the sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users