• 148 posts
wow so nice

Posted Image

Gankaskhan

Gankaskhan

AoC Member

• Members
  • 28 posts
Oh good God, that dish looks incredible Exuun. Dude, forget the electrical business.. you should be a chef! lol AND SPREAD IT ALL OVER DAT ASS BABY!
Once a Reject, always a Reject.

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
mmmm

making curry chicken

Posted Image
Posted Image

Nozcof

Nozcof

AoC Ex-Officer

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
UR FAT

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
http://i562.photobuc...at.jpg~original

NO I'M NOT

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Well... this is kinda a recipe - just a drink recipe.

GETTA'S ALCOHOLIC SLUSHIES
Ingredients
- Frozen of whatever berries are in season - right now I’ve been using strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- Lakewood Just Cranberry Juice (this is one of the only brands I have been able to find with no added refined sugar)
- Stevia
- Vodka (or whatever alcohol really)
- Ice Cube Trays

*See step 1 to know how much to use

You can mix and match all this. The principal / amount is the same. I’ve put a little bit of apple / grapefruit juice in it too (same kind with no sugar or anything else added). I’m actually super excited to try this with watermelon in the summer. :)

1) Put all that stuff in the blender. How much you use of everything will depend on how much fruit you have. I fill the juice to about half way up of where the fruit is. Then I put vodka / triple sec (mostly vodka) to about 3/4 the way up. I add a little tiny bit of Stevia, since the Cranberry juice is so tart
2) Blend it until all the fruit is broken up. It should be kind of thick, but not too thick where you can’t pour it.
3) Pour the mixture into ice cube trays. Let them freeze solid. Usually takes about 2 hours
4) Once the cubes are totally frozen, put them BACK in the blender and blend again
5) They should be too thick at this point for you to pour them. I take more vodka and put it in a little bit at a time until when you blend it, it looks like bottom is liquefying
6) Pour in a glass and serve!

[attachment=0]slushie.jpg[/attachment]

Erm.. I usually use a martini glass because there is deceptively a lot of alcohol in these and it’s very easy to drink too many and not realize it. If thats too girly for you, a large glass and straw also work nicely... :mrgreen:

1 = feeling good. 2 = Weeeeeee 3 = I’m asking folks to explain things to me many times
Getta

NuclearSoldier

NuclearSoldier

Party Boy

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
Deep Fried Pizza Rolls

1 bag of Totino's Pizza Rolls
Posted Image

1 deep fat fryer
Posted Image

Turn the fryer on, put the pizza rolls in for a few minutes, then enjoy your delicious heart attack
Posted Image
Posted Image

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
I made this recipe the other day and it turned out really good. Its super easy to make:

Crockpot Sweet Potato Basil Soup
Original Recipe is here: http://paleomg.com/s... ... 4.facebook

Ingredients
2 sweet potatoes or yams, diced
½ yellow onion, sliced
1 (14oz) can of coconut milk (I USED ALMOND MILK CAUSE COCONUT MILK IS SUPER GROSS)
1 cup vegetable broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon dried basil
salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions
1) Place all ingredients in the crockpot.
2) Mix around.
3) Cook for 3 hours on high.
4) Use a hand blender, blender, or food processor and puree mixture until smooth. My 9 cup food processor fit it all just perfectly.
5) Eat up! If you have leftover meat, add it to your soup…obviously.

You could probably use this same principal for Buttersquash, but Ill never know cause Cata hates it. SIGH
Getta

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts
Posted Image

damn that soup does sound good.

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

5) Eat up! If you have leftover meat, add it to your soup…obviously.

I take it you missed this part. :mrgreen:
Getta

ExuuN

ExuuN

Hellion

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
For some reason, the word alone - butter squash - makes me cringe, and feel queasy.

Posted Image
Live by the sword, Die by the sword.

Facepoker

Facepoker

AoC Officer

• Asshole
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Suitable for this thread:

Posted Image

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts

This chicken kiev was a terrible failure.  

dzQfFB3.jpg

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
I think it looks good!
Getta

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts

It all came apart and the butter all left the meat.

otar

otar

AoC Officer

• Asshole
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Yeah, if you made that for me, I'd send it back and have you redo it until it came out better than that monstrosity...

Posted Image

Galifrey

Galifrey

Bounty Hunt Winner

• Members
  • 148 posts

tumblr_n08kljtwaO1qkxftjo9_500.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup:

http://www.howsweete...ut-squash-soup/

Fuzzy, this is the one I told you about. I basically make it "as is", except no ginger (I hate ginger. Its gross).

IF YOU DONT LIKE SQUASH - I AM SURE THIS RECIPE CAN BE ADAPTED. For instance, I made this with acorn squash and it was fine. I am guessing you can make this with red potatoes - which I am very curious to try. (if someone tries it, let me know) Carrots would also probably be good.

But - you seriously don't taste the squash. Its about the curry and the squash is just there for for the curry to get absorbed into. Cata hates squash and I end up making double of this recipe because he likes it so much :)

Getta

Moose

Moose

Arrogant Forum Bully

• Administrators
  • 3,629 posts

I want more!

I'm arrogant and an elitist. But to be otherwise would be dishonest, and honesty is a virtue I hold in higher regard than humility.

Hemi

Hemi

Full Retard

• Asshole
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Ok, here is my ribs from this weekend, this is a 2 stage cook, 3 hours at 225', then pull and wrap the ribs for 2 hrs at 275'. The water pan is full of water (duh? some like to add juice or others to their water pans in an attempt to layer additional flavors).

Try to get St Louis cut pork baby back ribs, remove the silver skin (membrane on the back of the ribs, use a knife to get it started, then use a paper towel to grab the membrane and peel it off.

Rub-  1 cup sugar, 1 cup non iodized salt, 1/2 cup brown sugar (dried (simply spread it out on a cookie sheet overnight or place in the oven under very low heat), 4 tbsp + 1 tsp Chili Powder, 2 tbsp. + 2 tsp Cumin, 4 tsp Accent, 3 tsp Cayenne Pepper, 4 tsp Granulated Garlic Salt, 4 tsp Onion Powder.

Ribs out the morning of the Cook, so they come to room temp. Then apply the rub to both sides of the ribs.

There are several ways to place these on the smoker, the way I did this cook was to cut the ribs in half ( 2 10" sections), some like to spiral the ribs and use a bamboo skew to keep it spiraled. I place the ribs in rib racks (held vertical in the cooker).

My smoker is a 18" Weber Smoker, using a Stoker temp control. For the cook, I used Mesquite wood with Kingsford. I use a Charcoal chimney to get the coals started, when they greyed over, I dumped them in the pan and added a second chimney full of charcoal, and about ten CHUNKS of Mesquite wood and added them to the top of the ashed over coals.

After the first 3 hours of 225', the ribs were pulled and wrapped in aluminum foil, the foil had a bed of brown sugar (more if you like sweet, less if you do not), squeeze butter, and BBQ sauce ( KC Masterpiece, use your preference), and dust the ribs with the rub then place meat side DOWN on the foil, wrap. Bumped the heat up to 275'.

Taste- great, a very slight after burn, My son said they were too sweet for his taste, the wife said they were not sweet enough, so I guess they were almost perfect taste wise,

The Pull (how tender the ribs are) was bad, it was so tender they fell off the bone, for competition you want a slight pull and just the bite to come off the bone.

So overall it was good, I am going to make some changes for next time, add 2 tsp of white pepper (will give a back heat) and some Paprika (will add a savory aspect), and reduce the second cook time to 1.5 hours @ 250, if they come out too tight, I can always throw them back on the smoker. The original recipe is from "Best Ribs in the Universe".

No no images, actually lost my phone Saturday night, found it last night around midnight in my office.

There are many many smoke outs coming, I will get images and post them as they occur.  Items on the up coming list are pork butt (pulled pork), brisket, pork loin. My daughter is getting married in September and I am smoking pulled pork for 250 people.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users