Bot - Need some SQL Assistance

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
The bot is having some problems and I fear its on its last legs. I wanted to save the quotes off the bot and post them here. The problem is I dont know how to get them out of there LOL

The bot runs on a series of SQL databases. I have MYSQL Workbench installed. Somehow in trying to export them, I fear I may have locked myself out of the system.

So basically, I have two problems:

1) I cant connect to the local instance of MySQL anymore. It keeps saying access denied
2) Once in MySQL (or I have a year old back up of the bot), I do not know how to export the quotes. The field type the actual quotes are stored in keeps showing up as "..." when I export them. I see them there, but I have to right click and choose "Edit field" to have the full text pop up. I suspect they are "Note" fields, which SQL is storing as some kind of blob.

Can someones halp.

(If the answer is not obvious to someone, but they know how to fix it, I can probably setup the remote assistance thing in Windows)
Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

I'm not sure how you could lock yourself out of MySQL after trying to export.  I think I may be off Monday, so I'll try to get at it in the morning.

e-vatar.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
I was trying to get Access to connect to it :(

Thanks man. Cata should be home Monday. Ill figure out how to setup the remote assistance
Getta

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
So... Remote assistance is messed up. :( Windows 8 ftw.

So I'm trying to reinstall MySQL see if that will fix the password issue. I think that the password is set on the my SQL Server, not the database itself. if not I may need help getting the quotes out of the back up I have
Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

Yes; the db has nothing to do with a password.  I run MySQL 5.1.73 and phpMyAdmin; are you using some Windows-ey admin?

e-vatar.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Yes x.x MySQL Workbench

Thats a relief about the password. I was getting so angry at it last night. Lol

Is phpMyAdmin easy to use.... for me?
Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

Yeah.  Maybe look up EasyPHP (it's an all-in-one suite), unless you get that one working.  Probably better to run the bot from a decent PHP environment, anyway.

e-vatar.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Ill give it a try :) Maybe Easyphp will let me export the data easier.

I know i did it once when we moved servers for the login messages
Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

Were you having problems exporting it, once you were logged in?

e-vatar.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts
Yes - I suspect the field its storing the comment in is a "Note" field, rather than a text field (if that makes sense). So when I export it, it exports either as "Blob" or "..."

I was trying to get it into Access because I know how to extract Note fields in Access. But for some reason, MySQL Workbench refuses to export the field into any format. I have to like open up the table record, double click on the field and only THEN will it show me its tasty goodness.
Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

You're exporting as SQL and all tables and views?

e-vatar.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

I think so, but all that did was create a bunch of sql files. I cant seem to get data out of these files :( 

What directory does MySQL typically store its databases?

Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

Wait; you're trying to extract text from SQL files?

e-vatar.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Yes, I think so. I have two options (I think):

• I have a relatively recent export of the bot databases to a SQL file. These are on my desktop
  • I dont know where MySQL saves its data files, or in what format it saves them in. But I imagine if uninstalling MySQL does not remove these, they are still there (what format does it save them in? I can check)

Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

They'd be in a subdirectory of whatever MySQL program you're running.  You wouldn't be able to go through them with a text editor, or anything.  If you want, send me a complete SQL dump, and I'll see if I can do what you're trying to accomplish.  I might build a little Linux box out of all this stuff I have laying around, so maybe I'll put up a bot for funsies with it.

I roam around and PvE out of boredom lately, anyway.

e-vatar.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Sure :) I Can do that. Do you know what file extension they will be? For the MySQL files, that is. Not the sql export, those I know obviously lol

Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

Somewhere in "Program Files (x86)", you should have a "/mysql/data/[db name]/" directory, loaded with tables (.frm, MYD, MYI).

e-vatar.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

Ok I cant find the actual database files. The only ones that are there are from when I tried to install EasyPHP. But, I have the export I did a little while ago on this PC. I also have a little bit of an older backup on dropbox if this does not work.

Theres two sets of backups on this PC. One is a full export from the Set(16) bot and the Tyranny (15) bot. The other one is just from Set, I think. 

If these two dont have it, let me know and I can send you the backup from drop box. Its about a year old, so if were missing anything, its not a whole lot

Thank you so much again for doing this :) I really dont want to lose these quotes :( :( :(

Attached Files

Getta

geNius

geNius

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Administrators
  • 4,174 posts

NP.  I'll try to get to it after work, but no guarantees; I'll be home pretty late.

e-vatar.png

Georgetta

Georgetta

Veterano de Los Rejectos

• Administrators
  • 1,995 posts

No worries :) Like I said, worst case, I have about a year old back up on drop box.

I will make a copy of the files I posted here on my main PC (just in case) and work on re-installing windows on the bot. 

Thanks again, bud

Getta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users